Thursday, March 21, 2013

Back on the Links

I slipped out for a quick nine this afternoon. I really should give it up. But a birdie 3 on the 367 yard par 4 - 17th will keep me coming back.

Brossard comes out of his shoes on #16
Today, I joined Dave Brossard and Dave Brewer for the back nine at St. Joe. Brossard, 63 is an insurance adjuster and lives in northern Michigan. Brewer, also 63 is retired after spending the last 26 years of his career in the food industry in Santa Fe, New Mexico. His story on how he came to be in Cape San Blas reminded me of those old Remington razor commercials. Every spring break he would bring his family to the Cape. One year, he's standing on the beach in front of the place he was renting and as he tells it, "I was so impressed, I bought the place". Gotta love Americans and their chutzpah to seize an opportunity.

Oh-oh, that's left. (Brewer on #16)
Thanks for the game gentlemen, it was a great afternoon...and Dave, take it back, low and slow.

KP

No comments:

Post a Comment